The Lounge

LABOR and the Carbon Tax

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LABOR and the Carbon Tax

Post by bass on Wed May 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Well, the handouts began today to offset the carbon tax. H'm. How many people do you see blowing their $110 at the pokies or on smokes? That's about the price of 2 cartons of cigarettes.
Wait until everything goes up from July 1.

LABOR. Gillard, Swan, Thompson with Slippery Pete crawling around the edges.

kruddie must be rubbing his hands with glee.

Administrator
Administrator

http://gabrielslounge.pro-forums.in

Back to top Go down

Re: LABOR and the Carbon Tax

Post by Azaziel on Thu May 17, 2012 12:31 pm

You know the government has a problem, when they don't mention " Carbon Tax" in their adds

Azaziel

Back to top Go down

Post by bass on Thu May 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Azaziel wrote:You know the government has a problem, when they don't mention " Carbon Tax" in their adds

Like I said. I know where a lot of the money will go. Like the baby bonus and the rest of the crap that LABOR has thrown at us to keep in power.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaziel on Thu May 17, 2012 1:14 pm

I remember when Labor handed out first stimulus package, a very good friend of mine was and is CEO of biggest club in town. That clubs biggest trading is traditionally our country music festival, when we can have 20,000 plus visitors to town, but he was telling me that when those first handouts came in December, that was the clubs biggest ever month, pokies and beer sales exceeded the festival nearly 3 times he told me, and I agree with you, these handouts will go same way

Azaziel

Back to top Go down

Post by bass on Thu May 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Azaziel wrote:I remember when Labor handed out first stimulus package, a very good friend of mine was and is CEO of biggest club in town. That clubs biggest trading is traditionally our country music festival, when we can have 20,000 plus visitors to town, but he was telling me that when those first handouts came in December, that was the clubs biggest ever month, pokies and beer sales exceeded the festival nearly 3 times he told me, and I agree with you, these handouts will go same way

Ha. Armidale, az. Damn. 20 00 huh? We have Easterfest and that's bad enough.

Howard wasn't above handouts and let's not forget, he gave us the GST which I notice LABOR for all its bluster hasn't dumped.

But then, seriously, what govt is gonna dump a tax that's has been legislated? What a Face

It'll be the same with the carbon tax.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaziel on Thu May 17, 2012 1:49 pm

Nope, Tamworth, and yes Howard certainly gave out handouts, and re GST, brings in too much to ever replace, and I agree, I cant see how Abbott can reverse the Carbon Tax

Azaziel

Back to top Go down

Post by bass on Sun May 20, 2012 2:59 pm

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/national/xenophon-supports-repealing-carbon-tax-with-conditions/story-e6freooo-1226361435373

Independent senator Nick Xenophon supports repealing carbon tax, with conditions

May 20, 2012

INDEPENDENT senator Nick Xenophon has flagged supporting a repeal of the carbon tax if Opposition Leader Tony Abbott wins the next election, but only if there is a satisfactory alternative.

Over the past 12 months Mr Abbott has repeatedly pledged to get rid of the controversial carbon tax, claiming it will astronomically increase the cost of living. Senator Xenophon believes it should be replaced with something else.

"You need to have an alternative in place because both the Government and the Coalition (have) committed to a reduction in carbon emissions by 2020," he told Sky News. "The question is, we need to have a sensible, robust debate in this country... what is the most effective way of reducing emissions, in economic terms, in terms of getting your best environmental bang for your buck ... ."

From July 1, the Government will make less than 500 of Australia's biggest polluters pay an initial $23 for every tonne of carbon they put into the atmosphere.

This will be followed by a market-based emissions trading scheme in 2015. The aim is to cut 160 million tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere by 2020.

H'm. Where are all the other huge world polluters (hello China) in all of this? Why do I have to pay through the teeth because of LABOR and its green allies?

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Azaziel on Sun May 20, 2012 11:43 pm

The major difference between the GST and Carbon Tax, Howard had the guts to go to the voters with GST, Gillard and the left were too gutless to do so

and I really cant see Abbott, no I cant see how he can undo a carbon Tax without a lot of pain for our so called biggest polluters

Azaziel

Back to top Go down

Post by smoface on Sun May 27, 2012 6:19 pm

This will be followed by a market-based emissions trading scheme in 2015. The aim is to cut 160 million tonnes of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere by 2020.

In the US we have a required yearly emissions test to keep our vehicle's registration current. I take my car into an emissions site, hand over my emissions slip and $15 to the guy, he puts a pipe in my pipe, I wait 2 or 3 minutes for a print out that tells me whether I passed or failed. If I pass, (I'd like my $15 back, but never mind) I am free for another year. If I fail, I have 30 days to come back with a hand written note from a certified mechanic that either the problem was fixed or an excuse why it can't be fixed. If the problem was fixed they still keep my $15 and send me along to pollute no more. If it can't be fixed, I give them maybe $100 to add to my $15, and they send me along my way with their permission to pollute. It's all about the money. If ever you have to ask "why?" of the government, the answer is always "money".
smoface

Back to top Go down

Post by bass on Mon May 28, 2012 10:16 am

smoface wrote:

In the US we have a required yearly emissions test to keep our vehicle's registration current. I take my car into an emissions site, hand over my emissions slip and $15 to the guy, he puts a pipe in my pipe, I wait 2 or 3 minutes for a print out that tells me whether I passed or failed. If I pass, (I'd like my $15 back, but never mind) I am free for another year. If I fail, I have 30 days to come back with a hand written note from a certified mechanic that either the problem was fixed or an excuse why it can't be fixed. If the problem was fixed they still keep my $15 and send me along to pollute no more. If it can't be fixed, I give them maybe $100 to add to my $15, and they send me along my way with their permission to pollute. It's all about the money. If ever you have to ask "why?" of the government, the answer is always "money".

That's just robbery smo. Hang on, government. It adds up.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top